Tuesday, March 1, 2011

new painting & next show

I haven't blogged in a while, there are just a few things to catch up on!  I've been under the weather for about a week, but was able to finish a new piece on saturday night for my next show.  it actually isn't New new, it's from the 100 girls in 2010 project, but i just got around to finishing all of the details on her.  I had gotten really stuck with how to finish it, and you just can't rush those things.  so here is "Korina", acrylic on canvas 16x20 inches. (will take a better picture with my good camera, this was taken with my phone's camera) I was trying to stick with primary colors & black/white for this painting. I like to give myself a challenge with colors, it keeps it interesting for me i guess.  i'm not really a blue person, but it was fun to use this time.  the background has gold paint in it too, and for her skin i used some silver paint.  the hair took ages (it felt like) to complete, i had to keep coming back to it. I'm not entirely happy with her headpiece, but it's growing on me ;)  
"Korina" acrylic on canvas 16x20 inches

I have finished a few commisions as well, i'll post them later this week!
on another note...looking forward to this thursday's arthop in Tower District and Downtown Fresno.
I have some pieces in the front room at The Treasury this month along with a bunch of other awesome local artists.
 (check out the flyer below for more info) 
Next Show at The Treasury March 3rd & 4th 2011
Also looking forward to art-hopping to these locations beforehand...

Olé Scoville at Studio-74

Join local artist Olé Scoville for Art Hop March 3! Exhibit runs until March 26, 2011 during gallery hours.



Primarily a skilled Tattoo Artist, Greg Sumii will share his personal oil paintings on Canvas. You don't want to miss him!
Start Date:
03-Mar-2011

hoping to make it to these, if time allows...

Nanete Maki-Dearsan/Oil Paintings
Exhibition Dates: March 3 - April 3, 2011


Happy ArtHopping!!






No comments:

Post a Comment