Wednesday, January 26, 2011

La Femme Fatale

Don't miss the opening of La Femme Fatale, my next show at SOMOS located in Salinas (my hometown!) This will be my first public art show in the town that i grew up, so i'm super excited that my friends and family finally get to see some of my artwork in person.  There will be live music, snacks and a craft display too! If you'd like to check out the Event Page for more info you can go HERE.

painting by: Pepe Nunez
This show will feature art relating to the female form.

Featured artists include:
Pepe Nunez
Rod Powell
Stephanie Allison
Liam Da'leo

Crafty display by:
Imelda Suarez
Alyssa Celaya

Music by:
Nova
Mike J
more tba

Yummy goodness by:
Castro Crew!

"Queen of Hearts" mixed media 2011
I moved to Fresno from Salinas almost 6 years ago now.  I never would have thought that it would be possible for me to show my work in a gallery or even have an art show of any kind!  The Fresno art scene has been very encouraging and supportive of myself and my art.  ArtHop is a wonderful thing for our community and I'm so thankful for that!  However,  I LOVE that Will Devoe has brought some modern art and culture to Salinas with his shop Somos Media.
Although my closest friends and family don't really understand my obssesion with art toys and lowbrow artists, I hope they will get a better understanding after coming to this show.  I'm actually a little nervous too...who knows who will show up ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment