Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's New Year's Eve EVE!

Still in complete shock that this year is almost over. I have about a day and a half to finish up this insane project of mine.  I'll have more to say about it once it is DONE.  Luckily I get off work today at noon and tomorrow at 1pm, which will help alot with freeing up some time to complete some of the paintings. I decided that as long as i finish the detail of the girls in the paintings then that is good enough.  there is alot of detail that i want to add to some of the backgrounds of the acrylic paintings that i'm working on, but there is just no way that i'll finish that part of it. especially since several of these paintings are commissioned...they need to be perfect!  I recently discovered a new way of incorporating old scraps of watercolor borders that i had lying around for months.  they always looked cool to me and i thought they might serve some purpose someday...and then it just hit me. *DUH* add them to some new pieces in a collage sort of way.  Here are two new pieces below that i did this with....
"The Seeker" 8x10inches
watercolor, ink pen, acrylic on tea-stained watercolor paper w/ cut-outs of previous watercolor paintings.
This painting will be on display in June 2011 at Studio 74 in Fresno.

"Melody" 8x10 inches
watercolor, ink pen, acrylic on tea-stained watercolor paper w/ cut-outs of previous watercolor paintings.
This painting will be on display in June 2011 at Studio 74 in Fresno.
  Also wanted to include some of my favorite Art Toys of the year! I'm pretty sure that all of these can be purchased from Kid Robot or maybe even SOMOS.  I just love how creative artists are getting with these new toys. Each year i am more and more amazed.  I still have yet to complete my first my dunny or munny. i screwed up at my first attempt, hopefully next year i'll get some done :o)
Tara Mcpherson's take on Hello Kitty...  own this one!

Wyger by: Sam Flores

Sweety by: Stephanie Levallois

Cobbler Dunny by: KADO

2 comments:

  1. The seeker is really nice, Steph:) I can't believe either that this year is almost over. Cheers for brighter and more productive 2011. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you heidi, there's alot to look forward too. 365 more days of creating art! ♥

    ReplyDelete