Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"The Water Bearer" painting

This is one of my recent paintings titled "The Water Bearer" 
It's acrylic on 24x36 in. stretched canvas.  The idea behind this painting came from wanting to know more about the astrological signs.  I did some research and decided that I would do a series of 12 paintings based off of the astrological signs.  I'm sorry but I'm not going to focus on the new sign at all.  Mainly because it reduces my sign (scorpio) down to a measly few days and puts me into a different sign which I dislike very much!   "The Water Bearer" is based off of the signs and symbols of Aquarius.  I'm excited to start the rest of the series :) 




"The Water Bearer" 2012 (c) stephanie allison
I also started two new paintings that I have in mind for an upcoming group show in April.  I just wish I had more time to paint!!

1 comment:

  1. NAMASTE, BELOVED, EYE FEATURED YOUR ART, ALONG WITH A POEM EYE WROTE, ON FACE BOOK MUTHA-WIT WISDOM...FULL CREDIT IS GIVEN 2 YOU FOR YOUR ART, AS WELL AS A LINK TO THIS PAGE...THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete